Sunday, July 8, 2007
Unbearable PAIN!!!


SO, after blogging about the wonderful, awesome, fun 4th of July we had, I was struck! I was struck with the HIGHEST pain level I had ever felt. That being said, before I go into too much detail just know that I would give birth to 10 kids WITHOUT pain meds before I would take this pain again (those of you who have given birth like I have 3 times know the level of pain that exists there)!
We came home after having a wonderful day, finding so much joy watching our kids have the time of their lives, being with friends who feel like family, swimming, eating, watching fireworks...it was a day right out of a movie!

THEN THEN THEN...it happened!

Pain shot through my face like a fire rocket going off on the 4th of July, only it had nowhere else to go so it stayed in my face! After many long hours of begging my husband to NOT take me the hospital he took my defeated face to Saddleback Hospital (don't go there!!!!). Realizing that the pain was coming from somewhere in my mouth and not really being able to pinpoint the area because like I mentioned before the PAIN WAS RADIATING like a fire rocket, I was willing to go to any length to make it stop!
The nurse came in before the doctor, shot me with some kind of pain med in my arm without asking questions, this didn't help...no pain med was going to take this down! Then the doc shows up, realizing that it could be a tooth infection decides to numb my whole upper half of my mouth...this helped.
The next day (see the dentist couldn't see me that day...I was flat on my butt from the pain med shot in my arm) tells us that not only do I have an infection in my mouth but that it happened because of 2 bad crowns that a previous dentist put on only a little over a year ago (he has since disappeared, not even Google can find him), $3000. down the drain, and the infection has taken over the entire roots of my mouth!
Now, I take VERY good care of my teeth, I brush them more than the normal person, not only morning and night but all throughout the day, I floss continually even being teased about carrying floss wherever I go! I feel this situation sucks...only because since the 4th of July I have had MAYBE 4 hours sleep, kept my husband awake, cried continually, and I am STILL in mass pain! I even left work yesterday and today to come home for a couple hours to deal with the pain away from the masses (to know me, you know I work a 12 hour day without a blink)!
The doctors gave me plenty of meds to start the healing, no pain meds by mouth for me, and can't start treatment until they get the infection cleared. My mouth is dying, I am wanting to take the fire rocket from my mouth and face and put it where the sun doesn't shine on the previous dentist, but no, I sit (because I can't lay) here waiting for the pain to subside!
So, on that note, I need prayers for quick healing and pain reduction before you read about me in the papers...."wife and mother.....uses fire rocket to (you fill in the blanks) on previous dentist, News at 10!

OH AND MY FAVORITE QUESTION OF THE NIGHT WAS...."what is your pain level between 1 and 10?"

CAN YOU SAY "30,583!"






1 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

I hear you sister! I am so sorry you were hurting! Hope things are better and that the meds are working!!!

July 8, 2007 at 6:14 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader