Thursday, June 21, 2007
A friend...can we?

Ok the question was asked...opinions were given, so I will give mine. Here is the question:
Can men and women be friends without one of them liking the other "like that"? (Thank you Allison!)

I have lots of guy friends, I have always had lots of guy friends. These have been lifetime friends...friends I still have in my life with my husbands 100% approval! See lots of my guy friends have become my husbands good friends. He is grateful for these friendships, they have been there when I and we needed them, they are good for a laugh, we have been there for a meal, place to hang, and just great bonding time. These are NOT romantic relationships and NEVER have been. We use great moral judgement and maturity when we spend time together, and we bond as a whole family. This is the healthy way to pursue a friendship with the opposite sex!

Here is my example of a real lifetime GUY friend:

Tino (TRY to those closest to him) and I have been friends for almost 27 years. No matter when I hear from TRY or he hears from me or us...our conversation can be picked up where we left off, we can drop whatever we are doing to help if needed, we can be there for a great laugh, good story, or pure joy. Tino is my lifetime guy friend but he is not the only one. He has and always will be part of our life, whether I see him tomorrow or in 2 years...we will ALWAYS be friends. I called him tonight and posed the question to him...he strongly agreed that we are and always we be the closest of JUST FRIENDS! We both agreed that it is a sad life for people who don't get this opportunity to have such a great friend in their life. He was saddened that people would miss such a great chance in life to have someone like we have had!

My best friend in high school was a guy...John. Today we are both married, 3 kids a piece and a solid friendship to example our lives after for our families! NO matter what we will ALWAYS be best friends...I would tell you how many years later BUT that would give away my age, ha ha! We both have been there when we got married (if he had been a girl and I a guy, we would have been each others maid of honor and best man), had children, seen crisis and joys in each others lives. This is another lifetime friend that my husband will tell you he is grateful for because John showed me what a true friend and man should "look" like for me...he told me to only deserve the best and expect the best! He is my lifetime friend!

SO...to answer the question posed....with my husband's approval and 100% open and honest relationship and communication my answer is and still will be:

ABSOLUTELY YES!

(Sorry to those blogger "commentors" who are missing out on this experience of healthy friendship no matter what the sex is!)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader