Friday, June 1, 2007
It takes my breath away...

Today I catered a funeral reception for a 6 week old baby, it tore my heart to see the family in SO much pain...it took my breath away! That moment when you could actually feel the sadness in someone so deep that I just couldn't breath for a moment. It was a moment when something occured that was so momentous that I literally gasp.
I left with that feeling that I wanted to bask in the greatest of what I have in life. I wanted to feel that pit in my stomach when I thought of all God has given me. The first thing that came to mind is HOW INCREDIBLY LUCKY I AM!

1. I am a child of an amazing God, who loves me despite my "stuff!"
2. I am the wife of a super supportive, hard working God loving man, who loves me for me!
3. I have 3 kids who God has blessed my life and filled each day with.
4. I live in a country where I have the freedom to worship MY God!
5. I have some amazing life friends!
6. I am safe and warm, and happy, and get the best this life has to offer.

What I truly feel is that I am humbled that my list is so lengthy (I could go on for hours with reasons to be thankful) and God consistently gives me more than I deserve!
I spend most of my life living ordinary days. Those uneventful days which pass from one to the next without fanfare and without us taking much notice of them.
These are the normal days of our lives. These are not moments that take our breath away. The ordinary days of our lives are the most important. Because those ordinary, typical days define our lives - not the moments that take our breath away.

There are so many moments in life that really do Take My Breath Away.....Moments that are etched in my mind, that I can never forget....Chapters in my life that have closed as new ones have opened...Endings and beginnings.....Things that come full circle....sorrows, happiness, and bittersweet memories...

I love the feeling of my breath being taken away when it is reason to be happy:

My husbands touch
Watching my kids sleep
Hearing my kids laugh
Watching my kids succeed
Sharing a moment with my husband or kids without even talking
Hearing an old friends voice on the phone
Hearing "I love you" for no reason


Then there is the feeling of my breath being taken away because of pain and sadness:

Today...when I saw that mother in such a deep sadness
When my 7 year old daughter told me that she missed her big brother because he has been gone too long...and she really meant it!
When I think of my best friend who died in our arms!
When I see one of my children hurt or hurting
When I watch the pain of parents whose child is hurt or hurting

This list is long too...but all in all...what is the great thing about losing my breath for that split second is knowing that God gave me the ability to keep breathing and wake up everyday breathing!

It's an amazing feeling either way!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader