Friday, June 8, 2007
Space between Breaths

http://www.spacebetweenbreaths.com/Trailer.wmv

Most of you don't know our story but those that do will know that this can still be a very painful yet loving story. I had a friend, without dating myself...I babysat for this family when I was 11 years old, making their middle daughter 2 at the time. I stayed closely in touch with this family most of my life. I was always especially close to the middle daughter, Kristina. When Krisi was 16 she came to live with my husband and I (newly married) because of a troubling family situation. She became our daughter, to take on a teen was difficult enough but Kristi chose a life of constant running from her pain, this lead her into constant trouble! Kristi finally got herself on the right path not without David and I losing tons of sleep first.
Fast forward...our first born Holly was 9 when she accepted Christ and so did Kristi that Easter. This set her on a wonderful path...finally finding her happiness. Fast forward again 4 years later. What my story didn't tell you was that when Kristi was 16 she found a mole on her neck, wanted it removed, and it came back cancerous. After the doctors telling us they "got it all" we felt relief.
Well, what the doctors didn't tell us was that it could and probably would come back, it was melanoma.
In October of 2003, Kristi called me at 5am, she was driving herself to the hospital. That started a whirlwind. After finding cancer in her entire cavity of her belly, the doctor come in and said "take her home and love her, it won't be long." Devastation had set in...5 months to that day, she died in our arms. Loving her wasn't always easy but it was worth every moment! I found this wonderful site...hence the long blog to share with all of you, I wish I could go to Kentucky to see it. I don't know how to put the actual movie on my blog but you can go to the link at the top to see it, it's a wonderful trailer! I will figure out how to scan a picture on my blog someday and I will post a picture of our loss and the beauty that God has today in heaven!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader