Tuesday, July 3, 2007
My kid can surf....


My little girl is the most determined kid. She has been determined to surf, it was her goal to stand up this year after last year swimming out to "surf-zone" over and over and riding back on the front of Brian's board. She had decided she was ready this year and was going to do it, no matter what! She requested a wetsuit but we quickly talked her out of that when she had to try on the 3rd one and hated the tight feeling!
So, 2 weeks ago she DID IT! She was in the water for about a half hour and sure enough she was up! She rode the board (9'6) all the way to the shore even scratching the fin of the board (oops....sorry) but SHE DID IT!
I wish I had pictures but again we don't have a good camera so I didn't get pictures! The one you see is of her practicing at the surf shop for more than an hour on a balancing board...the guys there LOVED her and couldn't get over her determination!
To top off her success...David took my 2 youngest to our house on Huntington Harbor to see some relatives we have there now and Kelly decided this was going to be the year she would jump off the "No Jumping off Bridge" bridge without a floatation device what's so ever! She has been jumping and swimming the mile back to our house since she was 3 but this IS her year of successes and accomplishments!

WE ARE PROUD!






1 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

How great! I want to learn to surf too! Maybe she can teach me! Gosh, I SO miss having little kids...
nothing to do but clean my garage!
Hee hee!

July 3, 2007 at 9:32 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader