Thursday, July 12, 2007
My great day and my great kids!

Tonight I am reflecting on a wonderful day I had with my kids. I worked half day and needed to run some errands after, but my day turned out to be a mixture of great moments. After picking up my kids at home and the begging to bring friends, go other places subsided, they gave into a day with mom.
We first went to Mission Viejo mall because Holly needed makeup and I friend offered to show me some diamonds to replace my missing one. The kids were ALL in great moods and I didn't hear "can we go now" and "I need food/drink, etc" every five minutes. After finishing there we were off to the Irvine Spectrum. This is where the moments are came together in gratefulness that we are doing the right thing...my kids really are great kids.
First and amazing moment came when my son Matt (14yr) offered to take his little 7 year old sister on the Merry-Go-Round...huh? Did I hear him correctley? Yes, the boy who 2 months ago as a junior higher wouldn't be caught dead on a Merry-Go-Round with his little sister was actually offering WITHOUT being asked! Also, his shining moments came when he carried ALL our purchases insisting we don't and even making trips to the car to drop off bags..WITHOUT COMPLAINING!
Second, more and more I am catching my teens talking to each other, having real conversations, laughing, sharing, and enjoying each others company! It's true, it really is...they are starting to like each other again!
The day just came together in such an amazing day and it made me realize how much I actually miss being with them day in and day out! They didn't argue, they talked to each other and ME, they laughed, they offered up help, they are amazing TODAY!

It was a wonderful day...I love my kids!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader