Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Moving has begun...

Secretly I LOVE moving, not the packing and lifting but the organizing, redecorating, finding new ways to make my old stuff look good. I love the smell of the new paint on the walls, brand new AMAZING carpet, buying new bedding to match the new walls, I LOVE ALL OF THAT!
Today we started the move, David had to work late so I recruited my children to help me run the first 5 loads to the new house. The fragile stuff I don't trust anyone to move, my china, my pictures, and decorations, all important to me so I must move them myself.
I started Kelly's adorable yellow room and can't wait to finish it tomorrow! It's so "girly" and she LOVES it. It's her first time to do all the choosing of colors, bedding and room design. I would not have chosen pink, yellow and green but she REALLY wanted it! I gave her so many other options so for now I am LOVING her little "girly" room.
I have realized that the closet in my much smaller bedroom is much smaller than the one I am leaving behind. How long will it take for me to move into my husbands side? I think I will start slowly inching my way to his side, do you think he will notice? Let me tell you when you own 200 Trader Joe hawaiian shirts (well, maybe not quite 200 but it seems that way), you owe your wife a couple of inches on your side...right?
Ok, so the fireplace is still ugly and I have had many offers to help me make it better. I wish I could send you a picture but the cord to the camera is lost in moving land somewhere. I tried to send it from my phone to my email, didn't work..sorry! I would love a REALLY pretty shelf over the REALLY UGLY fireplace to make it presentable. I went to Home Depot to "look" at shelves but I do not have the "eye" for what I need....so I now know help is on the way. THANKS FRIENDS!
I can't wait to have a summer barbecue and invite you ALL! Stay tuned for pics and invites! We are looking for a trampoline for these barbecue's, adults love to jump too!
Call us, come visit...ALL ARE WELCOME AND I WILL COOK!






4 Comments:
Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

I find it hard to believe you, the perfect and loving wife, would even suggest 'gradually' taking over the mutual closet! For shame!!!

What if you did a closet make-over like advertized at Lowes and Home Depot? you know, the double rods especially for shirts and pants...

Knowing your kind and loving husband he would never say a thing and keep his shirts in the trunk of his car...HA

May 14, 2008 at 2:35 PM 

Blogger Linda Vujnov had this to say:

Congrats on the move...yea!

May 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

My dad is funny!!
In my former life, my husband always had the majority of our closet. I just had a few pair of jeans and lots of tee shirts!
I can't wait to come over and hang out at the new place! I will bring my camera and post pics for you too!
Good luck dear friend!

May 16, 2008 at 4:45 AM 

Blogger Steve Powers had this to say:

So are you all moved in? I always liked moving since it was like a fresh start since you could rearrange your stuff and the house seemed cleaned once you got it all set up. At least for awhile it felt like tha

May 23, 2008 at 2:48 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader