Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day...is a beautiful thing!

I need to look up how Mother's Day got started and who decided we would celebrate the birthing of our children! I want to know all about this great holiday! I want to believe it's really Mother's Day weekend. I personally had a great weekend! On Saturday I was blessed by visitors galore! It seemed so many people came to church and stopped in for visits! Thank you to all! Julie took tons of pictures and brought Pete and Donas for her visit (Julie is great about remembering her camera, me NOT SO MUCH). Check out her blog for those pics!

Yesterday was my great day! I woke early (I know...what it was Mother's Day) but I made the decision to work for 3 short hours, mostly so I could have some "Holly" time. She was scheduled to work and I wanted to make sure I got to spend time with each of my kids yesterday.
After leaving work I was off to my great friend Cheri's house...or should I say a DAY IN PARADISE! Kelly had spent the night there the night before and so I was off to spend time with her and have some time to catch up with my friend. We sat by the pool, overlooking the golf course and talked for HOURS! This is just how the whole idea behind Mother's Day was designed for! We talked so much we were both ready for a nap and relaxation!
David came to pick Kelly and I up and we headed home to spend the rest of the afternoon with Matt who was home and had done a ton of chores, homework, began preparations for dinner! WOW...LIFE IS AWESOME! We relaxed, I "rested my eyes" for a few minutes and Matt made BREAKFAST for dinner! LIFE IS GREAT!
The 2 younger kiddo's were in bed early, the house was quiet and I got to watch some sappy "Lifetime" movies!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME AND ALL MY MOTHER FRIENDS!

PS. Here is the topping on the whole day...I received homemade cards from the Facility guys at work thanking me for my "Mothering" skills at work! I was touched! Thank you Jason, David, Chuck, Jesse and all the Saddleback boys! I so appreciate you and all you do, for eating my food, for laughing at my dumb jokes, for taking out my trash, and for just being GREAT! You all make being your "mom for the day" worth it!
PSS. Clean your desk boys!






1 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

happy happy mother's day!!
You are the best at loving on all of us!!
:)

May 13, 2008 at 9:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader