Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I kept trying....

BUT THE FORCE WAS AGAINST ME!!

Today when I woke I planned on a great day, no I didn't say to myself it would be a great day because seriously I hope everyday is a great day BUT...the force was against me! You wouldn't know it at 8:36pm because I wasn't going to let the "whatever" have my day!

It started out with a trip to Kelly's school where we met a wonderful Speech Therapist, she really did have better news that we expected but it has become apparent that we have to focus more on Kelly's speech and hearing and we aren't as far as we thought we had come. It's ok, Kelly won't know it, we will ALL have a positive attitude for her.

Then I went to work, my first planned meeting was postponed and I was fine with that because I got TONS done at my desk.

Then I went to lunch...DOWNHILL was on FULL SPEED AHEAD! Have you ever had that feeling that someone knows something you don't and it's about to "take you down?" That feeling came true when we were engaged in a discussion over lunch with a person who happened upon us and decided to "share" their views on what was about to happen and what we believed was no longer. FULL SPEED...

Next meeting was a lot of patching up what was discussed over lunch in the views of 10 other people though I NEVER engaged in any "view" and I will hold out to see the outcome when the outcomes are on the horizon.

I came home and to my children's defense moving has taken a toll on my normally clean home and they are using it to be lazy...NO THAT WON'T WORK so I go into "mom" mode and tell them to help me fix it. My son makes a great grilled chicken dinner and being "mom of the year" I think I will treet them to much deserved ice cream.




Banking on the rumor that Baskin Robbins was having .31 cent ice cream we head to the local Baskin Robbins....line is around the store. I head to the next one, IT'S WORSE! I can honestly say...I AM NOT THAT DESPERATE for a .31 cent ice cream so off to the grocery store because again let's not forget I am "MOM OF THE YEAR!" I tell them each to pick out an ice cream to enjoy....I guess this is where I failed one more time today! They can't decide on which flavor treat mom is letting them freely choose. I realize then I should take them out to pick out treats more often, they are like kids in a world of ice cream treats who don't know how to make a decision. It was crazy! They don't see the "grocery store" often, we do go to Trader Joe's or Costco, usually not ALL 3 of them at once, I swear I don't keep them locked in closets or anything.

Treats have been chosen, eaten and I have one in bed and 2 to go! My husband is finally home after his VERY long day!

Tomorrow is "National Day of Prayer" I hope to wake praying for a great day for everyone I came in contact with today including my children and it will be better than today!

WAIT...TODAY WAS GREAT, it ended with ice cream and smiles! Making lemons out of lemonade...that's how life is supposed to be! THANK YOU GOD!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader