Saturday, April 12, 2008
It's not about "ME!" BUT...they are MY shoes!

I try to remember this quote constantly, I love this quote because it keeps me grounded BUT....I am wondering if my feelings of resentment towards losing my shoes this last week are legitimate!?!
I didn't "lose" my shoes, I didn't misplace my shoes, nor did I give them up to a woman who needed a pair of shoes out of the goodness of my heart. The conversation went a little like this:

"Mom, can I go through the old shoes in the shoe bin and our closets for HSM?"

I respond with "sure, but ONLY take the old shoes no one wears or that do not fit anyone anymore." Seems simple RIGHT? We keep shoes in 2 places in our home, a shoe organizer bin at the front door and in my closet I have built in shoe organizers. The task of "going through the shoes" seems an easy one. I am also a VERY giving person, if you need ANYTHING just ask and I will give it to you. You can have ANYTHING I have, anytime...just ask. My daughter thinks her selective hearing said "take whatever you want." It would make me happy to give away my shoes, I am thrilled with this project BUT here is my issue and I agree it's an issue! My daughter GAVE AWAY the shoes I wear ALL the time, not the ones I NEVER wear, the ones I wear DAILY! Black flats, white flats, cute sandals, etc...GONE! I would have been fine to knowing I was getting new shoes HAD I BEEN INFORMED THAT MY SHOES WERE GONE! After dressing for work wearing black capris, cute summery top, I do my usual...go downstairs to leave for work...."WHERE ARE MY SHOES?" I even go as far as asking my 8 year old to help me find my shoes and she says "I think they are in Holly's car (we wear the same size). I text her and ask her if my shoes are in her car she says "no, and I don't know where they are." "WHAT...SERIOUSLY, I keep a clean house (outside of the boxes we are starting to live out of right now in the midst of moving), how could she NOT know where my shoes are since I KNOW I put them in the organizers.

Now..the truth comes out...SHE GAVE AWAY MY SHOES TO HSM! I am good with donating them JUST tell me next time! Anyone up to shoe shopping on Holly's dime??????






3 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

Wow. Yikes.
I know that Payless is having their "Buy one, get one at half off" sale. Maybe you could go get a few to get you through the next couple of weeks and then start 'really' replacing them.
Wow. Yikes.
I only have 5 or 6 pair of shoes all together...
to think Holly was in MY closet once!!
Wow! Yikes!!!

April 14, 2008 at 4:15 AM 

Blogger Linda Vujnov had this to say:

OOh not good. I think I would die.

April 14, 2008 at 8:19 AM 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Thank you for your gift of shoes. An African child thanks you for your selfless gift of love.

Best. Story. Ever.

:)

JG

April 23, 2008 at 10:54 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader