Thursday, April 24, 2008
Here it comes.....


Life seems to be blazing by and blogging has become harder to keep up with, for that I apologize!

We are packing for our move, our house (now) looks like a brown box cheaply decorated place, we won't be inviting you over! I love a clean house, it doesn't "feel" clean with things EVERY WHERE! I can't stand it. For some reason my children are using this opportunity to "forget" their chores and manners...do they REALLY think I don't see their junk laying places it never was laid before? Or they are using my dining room table as a dumping zone...SINCE WHEN was THAT allowed? I may be getting old and needing glasses but I still see their C.R.A.P. where is is not allowed to be!

Now, that explains the ranting going on around here...CAN YOU HEAR IT FROM YOUR HOMES? Sorry for that too!

We have picked paint for all the rooms (at the new home), they start painting tomorrow! I am getting more and more excited to finally spread out. We pick carpet on Monday, this is such a hard task for me but I am also excited! Odd me!

I can't wait to have all our friends at the new house. I can only hope it's "done" with it's upgrades by the time the kids get out of school!

Other news on the radar:

I am working hard to negotiate great food offerings for the "Refinery" and I am loving this project though my phone rings CONSTANTLY! If you really know me, I HATE talking on the phone for any length of time, this is why I love to text. Sounds impersonal...I know and I again SORRY! I love to meet face to face.

I had a GREAT dinner with JULIE THE GREATEST this week, it was my highlight! Julie is so normal and fun to "run things by" she is SO grounded! THANKS AGAIN JULES!

My bad/confusing news of the week...my Step-mother died. Now I am not sure she was still my step-mother, her and my father divorced 10 years ago. I received this call from my dad and I heard my real dad cry for the first time in my entire life. I know he loved her at one time in his life. I on the other hand...DID NOT! She was not a good person and actually died from alcoholism, it killed her and she missed out on a great life. I am not sad, I feel confused and nothing...again odd me!

Ok....here is a real rant....WHAT IS WRONG WITH KIDS THESE DAYS! These 2 crazy things REALLY happened to my kids this week, it's almost like we should be on the "Roseanne" show with those crazies! Here goes:

Last Friday I get a call that my 8 year olds school is covered with cops and helicopters! WHAT!?!?! There was a report of a man with a gun in the area. My kid and the rest of the school was put on "lockdown" WHAT IS THAT ABOUT! The real story, 2 little boys (in my daughters 2nd grade class) decided to add excitement to the day by telling the teacher they saw a man with a gun, real story...gardener with a leaf blower! I REALLY hope there are some little red bottoms to go with THAT story! 2 hours later my kid was free to leave!
Yesterday I hear an over-exaggeration of a "riot" at my kids high school over a "water/food" fight! Really people, kids go to school, do your work, laugh with your friends, teachers teach and let go of the drama! How did my kids become the lucky ones to have so much "drama" I really wish I knew. FYI...for those of you that know the story about the high school, I can praise God that my children made good choices and were NOT involved!

Sorry it's long...talk to you ALL soon!






2 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

YOU are the greatest! I don't know how you do it all!! God chose to give you endless energy and endless tasks to go along with it!
LOVED hanging out with YOU.
NO DRAMA is the key to life. De-fusing drama and those who seem to love to bury themselves in it. NO THANKS!
Life is too long.
Good luck with the move. Let me know when it's official!!!
You are such a great woman! What a blessing to know YOU!

April 25, 2008 at 4:39 AM 

Blogger Allison had this to say:

Where are you moving!?
Can't wait to see the new place!

April 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader