Saturday, December 22, 2007
It's beginning to feel alot like.....

CHRISTMAS AND JOY!

Today was the first of 14 services at Saddleback....2 down and 12 more to go. This means I will be at church for the next 3 days BUT I am LOVING every minute of it...painful feet and all! 14/15 hour days seem to pass by so quickly when everyone is SO full of joy! It's the season, this is what it's all about.

Today we had MANY MANY visitors to our kitchen, gifts were given and recieved, cards were given and received, good news was given both in person and in the mail, it just felt like it was Christmas!

Ok confession...I JUST got home because I am STILL shopping...it's 12:09AM! Holly and I hit EVERY store that was open and I still have a few things left to get. NOW don't get me wrong, I am STILL putting thought into EACH and EVERY gift I am purchasing, THAT IS A PROMISE!

I am really starting to get excited for Christmas and the next 4 days. I am also looking forward to the next 2 weeks that my kids will be home...DON'T call me crazy JUST yet! Take into consideration that I also have a week off of work between Christmas and New Year's and that means a lot of sleeping in, hanging out, re-connecting (remember I promised that after we got home from our beach house...I need to work on this area)! I just wish David had the same days off BUT you know those Trader Joe's groupie's there is NO WAY to miss that week! He will continue to work 14/15 hour days and we will stay home and make hot meals every night (ok, delusion is setting in as the clock ticks later, but it was a good thought, RIGHT)!

SO, just know that we are thinking about each and everyone of you and our home is open this holiday to visitors (same as last year...Christmas Open House), and the weeks after feel free to call and see if we are out of our jammies before noon to stop in. Thank you again for our visitors at work again tonight...AMBER, it was SO exciting to see you walk through that door and spend a couple minutes just chatting! Josh and friends...well, you know where to find a quick meal of Tri-tip and Mashed potatos on a cold night, thanks for the updates and visits, I could see it meant the WORLD to my kids! KELLY KELLY KELLY, we love your visits whenever you can pull away from that newspaper and hang with us, you make us smile! Jason, well watching you light up the world of Cass makes us ALL so happy, as does the rest of the Ortega Family! WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!

MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS to ALL of our friends and family! I love these days!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader