Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Another great conversation....Who is smoking more crack, her or me?

Holly (17 years old): Can I go to a concert at Knott's Berry Farm on New Year's Eve?

Me: Are you smoking crack? (a good question considering I haven't seen her in 3 days! She was at a concert till 11pm last night too)!

Holly: No, can I?

Me: Are you insane?

Holly: NO, Why can't I?

Me: FOR ONE, you aren't driving there on New Year's, TWO, I AM NOT DRIVING YOU THERE, and THREE, YOU ARE NOT HANGING OUT AT KNOTT'S ON THE CRAZIEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR! (I am learning to let go quite a bit...but I draw SOME lines)!

Holly: Why not? What if I get other parents to say yes (meaning the boyfriends parents who are stricter than the Secret Service I encountered this weekend)?

Me: HA HA...NO! (yeah, like I would fall for the "but Suzie's parents said yes" game...ha ha)

Holly: I REALLY REALLY want to, I REALLY mean it!

Me: Ok, since you REALLY REALLY want to and you REALLY mean it...OK, NOT! What part of NO didn't you get....the N or the O? STILL NO, not budging, same answer...NO!

Holly: Gotta go (called from her phone, see we haven't seen her in 3 days and really about a week and a half because she has been SO busy)

Me: Ok, coming home anytime soon? (I think she missed that question when her pouting lip hit the off button)!






1 Comments:
Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

Nice of Holly to ask...
but you done good!

December 5, 2007 at 9:20 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader