Sunday, November 25, 2007
Connections amongst busyness!

It's been a SUPER BUSY BUSY weekend, it's been a weekend of connections, some amazing connections, some old friends, some visiting students, some new friends! There was weird day Wednesday, then there was Thanksgiving, THEN TONS of work to get done for the week ahead CRAZY BUSY!

We have also had some eye opening experiences having teens in our house. It seemed the days when I had 2 toddlers were hard, then having a colicky baby 8 years later were difficult....THEN THEY SPROUTED INTO TEEANAGERS! This is harder than the baby or toddler stages.

The best part is we have had so many moments to talk and make realizations that they are growing up. The week started out with some sad moments with each of them over a lost friendship, tears and realization that they truly lost someone that they cared for. I thought we would hear about it ALL week and all weekend but they were blessed with visits from old and new friends, my brother and everyday friends.

Tonight after a LONG talk with my daughter about another situation she had gotten herself into (nothing major but definitely EYE OPENING) she realized just how blessed she is RIGHT NOW and God hasn't left her, he has given her more! Last night I was able to crawl into bed with her and hold her (yes, at 17) as she cried herself to sleep, I tell you this not to embarass her but to let you know that sometimes needing mommy is still important just to get to the next day.

Tonight could have ended in disaster (really DISASTER) but we have spent their entire life teaching grace...and they showed GRACE for a situation that was out of their control WITHOUT us guiding them....WOW IT PAYS OFF TO BE CONNECTED PARENTS AND TEACH RELATIONAL SKILLS! When I start to question my parenting or the teaching of reaching out and relational skills to our children...they prove to us they GET IT!

While I think that this was a busy weekend...I am anticipating one of the BUSIEST weeks of my year! There are 4 weeks a year that are THIS busy...Easter, Christmas, Worship Conference and THIS WEEKS HIV/AIDS Conference! I am desperately looking for sitters for the 7 year old girl...who by the way LOVES movies and I am willing to PAY young, engaging, energetic students to take her! Really, I am not advertising...I am JUST SAYING if there happens to be a kid appropriate movie you are dying to see and need a 7 year old date...who pays...CALL ME (popcorn included)!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader