Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Thanksgiving...tomorrow...holidays...

As tomorrow approaches quickly I have some hesitations, yet I also have that wonderful feeling of excitement in the air. I LOVE the holidays, I love that it gives us a chance to be thankful for ALL we have. I hesitate because I have a VERY diverse group of family and friends to enjoy it with. I being the "fixer" of the group worry about how everyone will deal with each other, my family can be difficult at best (meaning parents and brothers), friends who we have loved into this family Tonight as I lay in bed (and yes, I am STILL very sick...bummer) I want to pray, hope and try to remember the great things about 2007. Yes, I realize that we haven't hit January yet but I want these holidays to be the greatest for my kids, not materialistic great but filled with those around them that love on them like they deserve to be loved on and fill their hearts like we do! I have watched my kids fill their lives with love for others and I love that in them, it helps me remember that diverse as the holidays are for us, they are capable on filling their hearts with love for others. They see the good in those around us when we aren't as forgiving, they accept the diverse in people that we as adults mess up on so often, they love even when they don't receive the same, they are accepting of errors, mistakes and continue to want to fill their lives with the love of family and friends, I love this about them. So, I will see the holidays through their eyes and hearts, that's what makes the holidays SO wonderful for me! Through the eyes and hearts of children! Yes, I am THANKFUL for my family, friends and all that we have be blessed with!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader