Tuesday, October 23, 2007
We have been affected...we think?


It happened...we are ALMOST sure that our cabin in Arrowbear is no longer standing. I waver back and forth today between being OK with it and being really sad for my kids and husband. I can't say it's been my favorite place to go, but we have SO many memories of my kids there. It's been a LOT of work for me but again A LOT of memories.
We won't know for sure if it stands until we can actually get in our car and drive up the hill but right now that isn't happening. As of now, we wait and try to explain to our children how thankful we are for the memories and that we weren't there and locked in a firestorm.
It made me think about what I am thankful for and what I would take if it were my home here. I am SO thankful for the memories, too many to tell, the growth my kids gained in confidence in skiing, snowball throwing, and cuddles by the fire.The memories of many, many friends joining us there for some great fellowship and fun! I wouldn't TAKE ANYTHING from there except the memories.
From our home here...I would take the pictures of my wedding, and my kids! That's it. David would take the important papers...thank GOD for a man who can think straight as my heart is heavy, sad and thankful ALL AT THE SAME TIME!






3 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

I am soooo sorry, Heather! So glad you are ok...
let me know if I can help you at all!
:)

October 23, 2007 at 10:00 PM 

Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

Sad stuff Heather...sorry if the worst happened...hope you are all OK...

October 25, 2007 at 9:30 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Thank you Pete, we are all good and ok with whatever the outcome! Thank you for your words of caring!

October 25, 2007 at 7:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader