Thursday, October 4, 2007
My heart skipped a beat...don't tell!

My daughter has a shark for a bodyguard...HER BROTHER! It makes me happy!


I picked Holly and Matt up from school today. I had to run to the store and bank after so they had to go with me. Now here is the conversation getting out of the car, I tried to hold back tears...well, my heart skipped that's for sure!

Mom: So, did he ask you (referring to the guy she was told was going to ask her to homecoming)?
Holly: No, but I am ok with that, I just want to go as friends anyway if we go.
Mom: I love your attitude!
Matt: Who and what are you talking about, Knotts?
Holly: No, but I wish I could tell you but he's your friend (speaking of the freshman's senior friend) and I don't want to make you uncomfortable.
Matt: Holly, if one of my friends hurts you or you are upset with them, you need to tell me, I am here to protect you!
Holly: Thanks, but no, it's not like that.
Matt (walking a little closer and more protective next to Holly): ok, just know I am here and you can tell me when you want to tell me!

(Mom smiles but doesn't let them see...they would roll their eyes...trust me!)

Now, that sounds like a minor quick conversation but to hear the 2 of them engage in actual protective caring conversation is amazing. They used to argue just to argue, they used to not want to be near each other but REALLY Matt has changed and grown up so much this year. He ADORES his sister and only wants the best for her. He looks to her for advice, they talk ALL THE TIME, and I love watching them interact. I am so proud of Matt for taking on the "brother" role for his big sister!

Heart skipping AGAIN....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader