Thursday, October 4, 2007
Just when I thought...


Just when I thought that my 17 year old was done with "mommy-time" it happened. She came into my room last night and said "mom, I feel like crying, I am not sure why." I know, I know, she is a teenager but this was truly because she has been feeling some losses lately, she has been talking about her future, she is growing up, and she just needed some "mommy-time."
I went into her room, sat on her bed, and just hugged her, talked to her, we laughed a little, and she told me she doesn't like being sad with so much of the unknown. She thought she was losing someone close to her and she was so sad when truly it was a much needed little break and she needed to renew what she had been feeling. She looks at Kelly and it breaks her heart to think they won't be together forever. She LOVES having her brother at school with her again and she is trying to figure out how that plays out with her friends.
I remember being in high school, so much of the unknown plays out in your head! What really matters is she is still little enough to need her mommy once in a while and that melts my heart!






4 Comments:
Blogger SANNIE had this to say:

No matter how old we get the daughters will ALWAYS need their mommy. I thought it'd be weird working with mom but its honestly the only time I spend with her. I enjoy it becasue she knows my cookey humor and mood swings, she also whips me into shape, BIG TIME! Holly is lucky to have a mom that still cares about her and isn't saying "I'm glad your going off to college next year". Your doing a great job Heather!

October 4, 2007 at 1:10 PM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Cass...you make me cry! THANKS AND I LOVE AND ADORE YOU! You rock and you make work so worth coming to! I don't like the days you aren't there! Thanks for your words! I only hope and pray that my daughters turn out to be as great as you are (since they adore you too)!

October 4, 2007 at 3:26 PM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

Even Allison has needed quite a bit of "Momma Time" lately (she calls me Momma) and I love it. She is there for ME now too when I need someone to talk to! It's an amazing circle of life.
It just gets better and better!
Love you Heather!

October 4, 2007 at 7:21 PM 

Blogger E.Money had this to say:

so cute!!! :) Your whole family is adorable, I hope that I will be a mom just like you someday!

October 5, 2007 at 12:51 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader