Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Time has flown, yet stopped in a breath!


At the end of this month Kristi (for those of you who don't know, she was one of my best friends' who died) would have been 36. 4 years ago she was taken from us, we were given 5 short months to say good-bye. I think about her quite often, not as much as before I regret to admit. Every year on the anniversary of her death and her birthday I think of how I can remember her in a new and special way. Another drive to the cemetary, another walk on that path and bridge leading up to her site, gives way to wishing that I shouldn't have to be making this walk. It's not fair, runs through my thoughts, though I know God had a plan and this was it.

The road of grief is a funny thing … no matter how far out you are from loss, little memories or moments come up and bite you in every now and then. What I feel now is not what I felt then.

So, as her birthday approaches I will try to not get caught up in the grief, I will surround myself with family and friends who are still here living and breathing and loving on our family even though they don't understand the missing piece. I will smile because I have SO much to be thankful for and I will reflect on what Kristi left behind when she touched our lives (all 30 years of touches)!






3 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

So sad...I'm sorry Heather. I am sure she was truly blessed to have you as a friend. As we all are!

October 16, 2007 at 8:12 PM 

Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

Sorry too, Heather,
Very sad blog to read and sadder to comment...

I wish you continuing strength...

October 17, 2007 at 10:09 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Thanks Julie and Pete, I know it's the way life is supposed to be so I am good with that. It doesn't take away the feeling of missing someone...bummer huh!?!

October 17, 2007 at 4:17 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader