Monday, October 8, 2007
My Story...in black and white!


I was asked by a great friend to write my story for her book. Now, backing up, I have been a Life Hurts, God's Heals leader for the last couple of years (recovery program for teens in crisis) so that gave me the first opportunity to actually "share" my story as a testimony. The first time I told it, I couldn't REALLY tell it because of the fear of reliving it. The next two times I told it was easier by far and I was able to share a little more detail.
When I was asked I was unsure about how "my story" would "tell." It's not a great story but it ends with LOTS of happiness. I want my story to help and heal other girls especially so I agreed. I felt that God had brought me through to this place and now it was time for me to "use my story." So I did it!
Today I finished, it was so freeing, reliving and it gave me a sense of closure to something I thought I had closed the book on (no pun intended). I am sitting here after sitting in quiet with God knowing I did the right thing for the right reasons. So, pray along with me that my story brings healing to someone else's life and a closure to their own story!






4 Comments:
Blogger Insured Asset Solutions had this to say:

can't wait to read the printed version.

October 9, 2007 at 3:01 AM 

Blogger ambrosia had this to say:

that's rad heather

October 9, 2007 at 10:47 AM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

I want to read it too.
You are amazing!

October 9, 2007 at 9:29 PM 

Blogger E.Money had this to say:

that's AWESOME!

October 11, 2007 at 10:04 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader