Saturday, December 1, 2007
Teaser.....

Sorry Pete this one won't be long either but wanted to give a quick catch up and a fun Christmas idea!

This week has been exhausting and AMAZING! I have watched my teens realize that this life is NOT ABOUT THEM! Holly has worked the World Aids experience till 10pm every day with the exception of last night till midnight. She has realized that her selfish complaining ways are selfish and wants to help these kids and many others in Africa who need her and us to help them. Matt has worked his fanny off running for us, helping ANYONE who needs him and taken this conference VERY seriously. It makes my heart full! I have missed Kelly tremendously but she loves being up there in the midst of so many wonderful people who someday will teach her that this life we are so blessed with is about helping and serving others. David has worked a 10 hour day at Trader Joe's and come and helped me everyday for another 3 or 4 hours to make my job easier and this reason for the hard work a success.

I will be sad to have this HIV/AIDS conference come to an end because of the lessons learned but sleep is needed. I will read every inch of everything we have collected, I will listen to my children tell us what they have learned and how they are going to use this week in their lives. I pray we won't walk away and "forget" what we have learned and start taking advantage of our blessings and we will use this week to help someone somewhere. I pray that anyone who walked onto our campus will see that they are blessed in this life and can use their blessings to change the lives of others dispite being uncomfortable. The kids are begging to get up to the church so I will close for now BUT I am sure we have so much more to share when we get caught up in sleep!

Here is a GREAT Christmas gift idea for people like me who wash more towels than anyone because I don't WANT to know how they are used!






1 Comments:
Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

GEEZ HEATHER!
I'm not totally inpatient when I read blogs like this one...
I'll read until my computer freezes over... you have become Julie's cloned blogging sister...
with blogs like this you're telling your children, not to
mention (slightly) younger bloggers who read you,how to raise and educate their children in God's ways...
not sure what the towel pic has to do with it all but it is ding-dang-funny!!! Nice work youngster...

December 1, 2007 at 10:49 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader