Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Magic....






"Did you feel it, did you hear that...it feels like there is magic all around!"

I felt it, I heard it! It was the magic that came from the face and smile of my little girl! It was the feeling of pure innocent joy and celebration for the season and for where she was and who she was with!

This morning Kelly was awake at 5:50am! I know...WHY and YUCK! But I couldn't wait for her to wake up, it was better than Christmas morning! I had something to share with her and couldn't wait for her reaction.

I started the conversation with:
"If you could do anything today besides go to school what would it be?'
Her answer:
"Go to work with you at the church" (this made my heart melt)
My next question:
"If you could do anything with daddy and I today, what would it be?"
Her answer:
"Make and bake cookies" (wow, she is so easy to please)
My next question:
"If you could GO anywhere with daddy and I today, where would it be?"
Her answer"
"DISNEYLAND!" She has NO memory of going there since she hasn't been
since she was 2.
My ANSWER:
"THAT'S WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO!"
She glowed for no less than 12 to 14 hours! She was NEVER SO EXCITED in her entire life! I watched her just eat up every moment with pure JOY and excitement! The rides, decorations, characters, the SNOW (seriously, on Main St), the whole package! We didn't bring the other 2 kids because we had done this with each of them at one point or another and figured it was her turn! We added to her joy by inviting a friend for her that she adores and loves but doesn't live close enough to spend much time together. We stood by the gate waiting for this friend to come and when she did, they ran into each others arms, never letting go ALL DAY!

She giggled ALL the way home tonight (2 hours past her bedtime and laughing that she missed school for Disneyland, AND we let her)! When we asked her what was her favorite part, her answer...EVERY MOMENT TODAY!

My holiday is COMPLETE...this was the perfect mommy gift (well, minus the gift I am hoping for under the tree (see the PSS)...watching her happiness!

ps. I EVEN went on ALL the rides (remember I am afraid of heights and roller coasters, but she didn't need to know that,it wasn't about me)!

PSS..We would have TONS of better pictures but the camera got dropped RIGHT WHEN WE WALKED INTO DISNEYLAND AND BROKE! No, I didn't do it this time..that doesn't matter but I am hoping Santa puts a new one under the tree for me! While I wait, you get the pics off the cell phone camera, SORRY!






6 Comments:
Blogger Steve Powers had this to say:

I wanna go to Disneyland sounds like you had a great time

December 12, 2007 at 5:45 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

STEVE...WELCOME! I am so glad to have you in the world of blogging! FINALLY! We have Steve, Diane...can someone teach my husband to answer email and blog too????
We will have to do Disneyland all togethr someday!

December 12, 2007 at 7:14 AM 

Blogger Ryanne had this to say:

Heather...You did an amazing thing. My mom probably woke me up twice when I was little and said, "You're not going to school today, beacuse we are going to Disneyland". And everytime I am there I talk about that. My husband says it is my only childhood memory, because he has never heard me talk about another one!

December 12, 2007 at 9:39 AM 

Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

Excellent stuff Heather...you are a great Mom...

My Mom woke me up once and said:
"Guess where you're not going to today"...

December 12, 2007 at 10:31 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Ryanne...I don't have any memories either from childhood...you will find yourself doing a MUCH better job! :)


OH Pete...sad! :( BUT THANKS!

December 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM 

Blogger E.Money had this to say:

SO CUTE!!!

December 15, 2007 at 12:01 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader