Tuesday, May 8, 2007
My Perfect Day..


I ran into a Pastor friend today who asked about one of my favorite places in the world! Then, I was telling a friend about the discussion and the topic of the hot weather came up because I was complaining purfusely about how hot it is today! My mind goes to one place and the reminising sends me into pure happiness and sadness because I can't be where I want to be.
So, let me explain my perfect day and place! It's a wonderful place called Huntington Harbor! Where the weather is ALWAYS perfect because I am sure that this is what heaven is like! We have a family home there that we share with all of my husband's extended family. It's right on the water, it's so relaxing with nothing but wonderful bliss!

My perfect day starts:

Waking to the sound of the water crashing on the dock as the boats slowly head to the ocean next to my husband (who is dreaming of the BIG FISH he will catch that day)!
Looking out my bedroom window to see my son and/or friends sitting on the dock, fishing poll in hand, knowing that they are in quiet with God! Water is crystal clear and peaceful.
Walking onto the dock and looking at the quiet of the water, people sleeping on the deck and/or boat.
Walking in the living room to see kids sleeping everywhere, finding my youngest daughter Kelly laying in a sleeping bag pretending to be asleep, eating a donut she is not supposed to be eating!
The the noise starts, usually with my husband singing off key to "What a beautiful Day!"
Slow moving kids, breakfast being made and everyone yelling about who gets what boat, kayak, canoe, etc.
The the water balloons,people being thrown into the water right out of their sleeping bags(usually a payback for something)fellowshipping, eating, relaxing, boating, fishing, bridge jumping, and total interaction with all the people we welcome to our home. The weather is perfect...not a degree over 80 yet perfect for tanning!
The days ends with me making a HUGE meal at what is now called "Camp McTaggart" and because I am old I think I am the "camp mom!"
Then the nighttime fun can consist of cards, music, talking, lathering up our sunburned bodies with Aloe Vera because some kids didn't listen to the "camp mom" and use enough sunscreen!
The last noise of the day is heard with "GO TO SLEEP" by the "camp dad" or "camp mom!"

THIS IS THE PERFECT DAY...Summer Harbor House trips are not coming soon enough!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader