Monday, March 17, 2008
Good parent...Bad parent!


Now no matter what you say we all play this game a little bit! Don't get me wrong in the end we are on the same team but my children will play "good parent, bad parent" to find out who is going to give into the choices they are trying to make. I hear it coming, sweet talk, offers to do extra chores, pick up the little one from school, or whatever happens to "work" to butter up the choosen parent. Mondays happen to be the day both my husband and I are both off work, feeling a little more relaxed, love hanging out together BEFORE the kids come home from school, plan a family meal and afternoon time as a family. I love this day, we love this day and look forward to it each and every week. It never fails one of the three God given children will "test" us this day to find out where we stand though it never fails we are always on the same team in the end. Here is my issue: WHY do we have to go through the same song and dance to get to the same conclusion? Is this just my children who play this game? Our oldest is trying to find herself (I am realizing this more and more, thanks Julie), our middle is the perfect challenger for this game though in the end loses everytime, our little one loves the sweet talk and cute routine to get her way.
My kids are pretty good for the most part, definitely NOT perfect and definitely pretty close to normal...but this is where they challenge us! Why? What did we do to make them think that this game would work, ever? We usually agree on the yes's and No's, we laugh at the same efforts, but they try. UGH!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader