Friday, February 22, 2008
The most wonderful accents...

We just finished the Small Group Conference at work. It was so enjoyable, not overwhelming and I loved hearing the accents off so many people. My parents are all from the South, Mom from Kentucky, Dad from Greer, South Carolina, and real dad from West Virginia. I was always told by my friends that my parents had cute accents but I rarely noticed. When they would come back from a visit home the accents would come back and I would make fun of them. More times this week I was asked so many questions with that Southern Drawl and quick run on words...I actually LOVED hearing it! I met a wonderful sweet beautiful lady from Atlanta, Georgia today who was looking for a room, we ended up talking for quite awhile as she admired our campus, loved our hospitality and it felt like I had known her for years! I wanted to hug her and tell her that I could listen to her for hours just because she had so much love in her accent for Small Groups, Saddleback, California and then going home to share what she had learned about loving on people.
I may not have an accent, I may have been raised in Humboldt County, California but I was able to embrace this feeling of being home! As I venture into this next unplanned notch in my schedule I wanted to feel sorry for myself, be mad at God and say "why me," and remind him that I need to be at home in my home, church and life and not taken down...BUT, meeting this new face in a crowd today reminded me that I am home and I am thankful for the "accents" that remind us of the love we have around us and are called to share. I will heal and be back on my feet in no time, this will be just a notch so I can get up and continue to share the "Accent of Saddleback" with so many others...that is what God has called me to do! Walk someone to a room and find yourself thanking God for these interruptions that make us stop and listen to the accents of the world around us!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader