Thursday, February 14, 2008
It's 9:03 on Valentine's night...blogging???

Yes, I realize it's 9:03pm on the most romantic night of the year and I am sitting in front of the computer. NOW hear me out before I get the WORST WIFE OF THE YEAR AWARD! I have graciously accepted my WORST MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD many times over so this isn't a stretch.
My day...started out amazing. I have 2 desks at work, it's hard to explain but it is what it is at this point. I went to my first desk in the Ministry Center and found roses on my desk, cute little white ones and noticed that every woman on our team had the same! SO SWEET AND YES, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I LOVE YOU TOO)! Headed to my 2nd place of work in the portables, the ladies in the room (YES YOU!) told me to go to my "other" desk where a bouquet of flowers were waiting from my wonderful amazing husband with rose petals thrown around my desk and a cute note! Feeling the love, let me tell you!
From there I was blessed with another vendor and my favorite distributor and LOTS AND LOTS of food samples. This is where my day gets weird...don't kill me BUT SERIOUSLY can I try another cheesecake, hash brown, colored pasta by 10:30am? I am over the whole smile and nicey, nice comments over food that I would NEVER serve to all of my favorite bloggers and friends at church. In the meantime, I have quietly without mentioning a word....indulged in Valentine's candy, cookies and treats that we have been given throughout our meeting. I am on a MAJOR sugar high proceeded by the sugar crash, and headache! (Forgot to mention my boss had to fill in at the Easter meeting for our team because of this prearranged meeting, so it was just me playing the nicey nice game). This is something I am really good at usually...but I cut back on sugar over a year ago, you guessed it...the major crash was coming on FAST!
Now...in order to salvage the day, I decided to do an interview for a position we are hiring for then get the heck out SO I can be well rested and maybe find some protein or carbs to counteract the suger floating through my body like a ship filled with sugarcane!
My kids are SO sweet, guess what they brought sweet "Mother of the year," you guessed it chocolate....smile and eat mommy!
My wonderful husband came home, started a dinner of shrimp scampi and cheese fondue...my goal...pull it together and eat with smiles and romance. I left the house for a few short 20 minutes to drop off one kid at a church event....and guess what.....came home to the song of "Daddy says I can have a sleepover HERE, Daddy says I can have a sleepover here...TONIGHT!"
Knowing our night is no longer salvageable with 2 8-year-olds, and a 15 year old I chalk it up to the amazing night we have planned tomorrow night! Concert and Dinner...wait till you hear who we are seeing!!! Again...forgot to mention...NO KIDS! CAN'T WAIT!
Forgot to mention...back at my desk this afternoon, chocolate covered strawberries (YES I KNOW THEY ARE FROM YOU AND YOUR MOM....LOVE YOU TOO)!

HAPPY VALENTINES ALL MY WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING BLOGGER FRIENDS! I love hearing your stories of Valentines, Golf, Music, kids and nights on the town. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of the fun, funny, and serious side of your lives...it helps me understand just where life can take us, has taken us and has given back to us! I thank God for each of those, even those I only know through this world! I hope your Valentines is special NO MATTER WHO OR HOW YOU SPEND IT!

RED HEARTS...PINK COOKIES...and God's shower of love of each of you! (again no pics, MAC'ING IT AGAIN)!






2 Comments:
Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

Red hearts and Pink cookies to you too Heather!
an absolutely magical and love filled post...

p.s. Get a REAL computer!

February 15, 2008 at 11:39 AM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

Who did you go see?
Valentine's evening was very low-key for me...Pick up Stix (pad thai--the best!) and a Corona. Me and my friend Andy Griffith...
It was kinda fun. Maybe next year.
:)

February 15, 2008 at 9:15 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader