Monday, January 21, 2008
Where have the 15 years gone?


15 years ago tonight, I was packing the last of my suitcase, giving Kristi all the specifics for Holly to be taken care of and on my way to Hoag Hospital. As David and I drove to the hospital I will never forget the song "A Brand New World" playing on the radio and I started crying...tears of joy! See 2 years 4 months earlier we were told that we should probably not have another child since my pregnancies are not good. We decided to talk to all the best doctors we could find so I could try to give my husband a son!
Fast forward 15 years ago tonight...driving to Hoag Hospital to give birth to the SON I wanted SO badly! Yes, God brought us a healthy, happy, fun, energetic SON! MATTHEW RILEY MCTAGGART!

Hand prints are leaving the walls slowly as Matt grows up and doesn't play in the mud anymore, he has turned into a WONDERFUL GOD LOVING, SISTER PROTECTIVE, STILL HUGGING HIS MOTHER, young man!
He towers over me and his father, but he is the baby boy we prayed and begged for! He is turning out to be a great servant, with a heart of gold. I love watching him and his older sister build their friendship! He protects his little sister when she walks in the street or wanders from our sight. The lego's are sitting in the corner where he left them years ago, the baseball trophies collect dust but proudly still sit on his shelves, he now spends his time trying to figure out his next step in this crazy life, he has big dreams, fun dreams but he loves to dream...that's ok, he WILL be a GREAT MAN! I have NO DOUBT, God gave us our dream when he gave us Matt...he has a plan for his life...I just know it!

HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY MY BIG SON! WE LOVE YOU TONS! YOU MAKE US PROUD (this year has made us prouder than ever, thank you for ALL your hard work...it shows)! Keep your focus and keep moving forward, we will walk beside you EVERY step of the way! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...I just know that each birthday makes you more and more of the MAN God created for this family to share! We are the LUCKY ones, you have blessed our lives!






2 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! Wow, two in one week? This is a great tribute to a great guy...and his fantastic parents! Good job!!

January 22, 2008 at 7:57 PM 

Blogger sunshine had this to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!

so i think he pretty much has the best middle name...EVER

January 22, 2008 at 9:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader