Sunday, January 6, 2008
BEES ARE DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Bees REALLY are dumb! Bees don't deserve to live on this earth, AND NO...I don't want to hear about why we NEED bees...blah blah blah! You will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION TRILLION years make me believe bees are useful and needed on this earth!

OK...so now that I have ranted, raved and had a GIANT size temper fit about BEES, let me explain my anger!

Kelly (our almost in 4 more days) 8 year old got stung by a bee this week. Now the LAST time she got stung it took a week for her to have a reaction but the doctors weren't throughly convinced it was an allergic reaction so we didn't take an DRASTIC measures IN CASE it happens AGAIN! SO...you guessed it, SHE HAD A REACTION SOONER this time! 2 days into bee sting the swelling in the general area of the stupid stinger the bee stung her poor little foot! OK, THEN and I mean 12 HOURS LATER...her foot not only swelled, she couldn't walk on it BUT BUT BUT those RED lines you hear about with an injury (but NEVER SEE) started running from the stinger swollen area UP her leg! YES 2 NASTY RED SWOLLEN LINES RUNNING UP! Crap, (yes, I said CRAP) we have to actually figure out HOW BAD this really is!
After MANY conversations with her doctor, urgent care, nurse triage and FINALLY calling my brother THE DOCTOR we decided that it was URGENT and she needed to be seen YESTERDAY (NOT TODAY...YESTERDAY, bad parents AGAIN)! I couldn't get a straight answer out of ANYONE because we were ALREADY doing what we had been told to do by the first doctor after the actual sting. So, off to the doctor on a rainy wet Saturday afternoon I went with her barely being able to walk. The doctor decides that she needs to be seen BEFORE everyone in the waiting room, which makes me glad UNTIL (and I WILL get to the UNTIL in a little bit)! This doctor prescribes a HEAVY dose of antibiotics, with LOTS of advice and orders epie pens for home, school, travel. "I think" and that is the word of the day...I THINK we are good to go!

HERE'S COMES THE UNTIL!

BUT NO....off to the pharmacy to get the prescription. She tells me it will be 20 minutes and I "think" that we will be home, in jamies, by the fire, watching a cartoony movie together in a half hour! WOULDN'T YOU?????
NO...THE PHARMACHIST decides that this presciption is TOO strong for a 7 (almost 8 in 4 days) year old! I tell her what is going on and she STILL insists it is TOO strong! She calls the doctor, her head pharmachist, and tells me it will be ANOTHER 20 minutes! Ok, I can deal with that (pushing Kelly around the store in a shopping cart because she is now crying that her foot hurts)! Back to the counter I go in 20 minutes only to hear...there is a "discrepency" in the prescription, we will have to hold it and wait! The doctor calls me in the meantime to tell me that if they don't fill it she will have to go to the hospital for 24+ hours to be administered antibiotics through an IV! CRAP...YES I SAID "CRAP" again! We wait AGAIN, for an answer and FINALLY they agree that we can give her this med for 24 hours but if there is ANY change we need to go right to the ER! Those words NEVER make a mom feel better! 2 1/2 hours later we were in jamies, watching a cartoony movie and praying for her foot to stop swelling!

TODAY...swelling has gone down and RED LINES are ONLY 2 inches long now! THANK THE LORD!

FOR THE RECORD....STUPID BEES!






4 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

Don't rent the Bee Movie for her to watch...
Sorry friend...sounds like a really tough time! Super bummer!
Please let Kelly know I am thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers!

January 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM 

Blogger Linda Vujnov had this to say:

Bees are totally stupid I agree!

January 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM 

Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

What a sad time you all had...isn't there some kind of anti-venom shot or pill or something you could have with you at all times in case she gets stung again?
Hail Mary's coming your way...

January 7, 2008 at 12:47 PM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Thank you ALL for your prayers! She is doing MUCH MUCH better! THANK GOD! Yes, we will now have the Epie pens for her in case we EVER need them again! STUPID BEES!

January 7, 2008 at 4:46 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader