Friday, December 28, 2007
GIRLS DAY!


Today was our Annual Girls Day at The Grove in Los Angeles. We were all really looking forward to today and it didn't disappoint! We head down in the days following Christmas hoping to hit the great sales and THAT WE DID! Our favorite is Victoria Secret...WE SCORED AGAIN! Cute stuff at great discounts, SO FUN! We hit tons of stores, but some of the best parts of the day were:

Driving down there we see a black and white police cruiser and someone in the car says are series of numbers. My comeback is, "You sound like Adam 12!" The comeback to that was "What's Adam 12?" CRAP, I just showed my age AGAIN!

We head off the freeway in the direction that was given to us from mapquest...or so we "thought" we were on the right track...low and behold, we had a great scenic tour of West LA! WOW, you ever thought there were so many odd and strange storefronts! We drove in circles, back and forth, back and forth! Yes, I have been to The Grove MANY times before but this time we just couldn't get there correctly! I loved our driver Steph, she not only drove great in LA but gave us a humor filled tour of LA!

Once at the Grove we found our way through the stores to be productive and fun. I found some time to break away from the group to take Kelly to the American Girl Doll Store which she oo'd and awe'd for the full half hour we were there! I just love watching her love on those dolls, it's every little girls dream! I managed to score a few sale items there for her upcoming birthday!


After walking out of Victoria Secret with our purchases and smiles, who did our wondering eyes did appear...Vince Vaughn! Seriously I could have touched him as he walked by! He is SO tall, which surprised me a little! Some little girl asked him for his autograph, he gracefully declined! I was caught a little off guard that he was SO close to us, but kept my cool and "tried" not to stare too much!


All and all, our day was SO GREAT and tons of fun! The weather proved to be a little chilly, which made it feel like Christmas! I love the girls we make these memories with every year. We have now added a summer day to our calendar so we can do it this twice a year, only the summer day will be in LaJolla (can't wait)!






5 Comments:
Blogger Allison had this to say:

I'm so jealous! I LOVE Vince Vaughn!
I love The Grove too!

December 29, 2007 at 9:50 AM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

"One Adam 12"
Oh Kent McCord was such a fox!
You are hanging with the wrong crowd!
You are just like me and my sisters--
we remember everything! Every show, song, star, everything!
You have to join a DiLallo party one of these days!!!

December 29, 2007 at 7:13 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Was this the day you saw him? Sometimes bloggers get the dates mixed up, he says they were taken yesterday.
http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=12&evt=vaughn-icecream&pic=vince-vaughn-fat-13.jpg

December 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

It was Friday and he was wearing a black jacket. It's possible he was there both days.

December 30, 2007 at 5:30 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I thought you may have been in one of the pics. I'm sure he was there both days too. I saw him there a couple times over the summer. I think he looks even better in person.
Thanks, Heather.

December 30, 2007 at 6:07 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader