Saturday, February 16, 2008
STILL LAPTOPLESS!!!



I am still without my laptop, this means I don't know how to add pics to my blog using the MAC. I am at work and can't get the pics off my phone camera from last night so the 2 of you that got pics, feel blessed!

MY NIGHT....
We were given STYX concert tickets and a dinner gift card for the House of Blues Anaheim for last night! This was how we celebrated our Valentines after giving our oldest daughter the night out on the REAL Valentines night. My husband and I left around 4:15pm to head to Downtown Disney...bad choice for a Friday afternoon. It took over an hour to get there only to find out the wait for dinner was an hour and a half. We scored a small area in the bar (don't panic Saddleback people, I wasn't in the bar bar), ate there so we wouldn't have to wait the hour and a half. Dinner was ehhh, but being with my husband WITHOUT the kidlits and talking to just him, was amazing and wonderful! We then found ourselves standing in what HOB calls the "VIP" line that gets us into the concert a whole 15 minutes before the "regular" folks. Again, being that we had to stand in this line for almost an hour and a half, I was blessed with conversation with my husband...I LOVE THIS! We scored 2 stools right in the middle on the upper floor of the concert (I am sure this means I am old because I no longer competed for the front row standing) but no matter, WE had PERFECT SEATS...yes, I am proud to say SEATS!
This is where our night got dicey to say the least...the couples around us were more than intoxicated and a little touchy feely, we just sang along to Grand Illusion and watched the concert. The lady directly behind me had only been to one concert her whole life and was to say the least scared out of her mind at the surroundings, she held her purse in front of her like a shield all night, cute, funny and rather interesting, but fun to watch in the midst of the freaks around us.
STYX was great at first, they started playing some Beatles stuff and then did some "Circus" music...odd but I don't think the group around us even noticed!
All in all, my night was amazing...I love "date nights" and the concert was for the most part memorable!
Hopefully our next concert will be something like James Taylor or Van Morrison...but we will see!






3 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

SO fun! I actually saw Styx...probably 1979 or so! Excellent to see them House of Blues--it's such a great venue!
How fun to have such a special Valentine's Day!
I'm thinking next year I will have my own Valentine! Positive thinking!!
:)

February 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM 

Blogger Steve Powers had this to say:

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 17, 2008 at 4:52 AM 

Blogger Steve Powers had this to say:

Styx is fun to see brings back old memories. I did them a few years ago for the Mark & Brian Christmas show

February 17, 2008 at 4:54 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader