Friday, September 7, 2007
What I learned this month


I have felt it all too 'real' in my life- the ultimate pain of 'letting a loved one go'. It is something that tugs at my heart everyday since Kristi's death. I had no idea how much this same feeling- this sense of giving up and moving on and realizing that change is inevitable would grip my heart just because school is beginning and summer is coming to an end. But that's what my heart is feeling.

I learned that I will NOT be as busy as I have been!
I learned that I need quality and quantity time with my family and close friends!
I learned that I LOVE my husband and kids more and more every day!
I learned that I miss old friends, close friends, and need to make a better effort!
I learned that I love watching people have fun (I knew that but it was fun to watch)
I learned that leaving something great behind means looking forward to the next time!
I learned that pretending to push someone in the water means bad things can happen!
I learned that MOST sharks don't have teeth
I learned that teen drama is easy to get rid of if you stand strong!
I learned that I can't wait for next year so the countdown starts 349 days!
(Actually we go again at Christmas but it isn't the same...all invited though)

I know there is more...more adventure, more fulfilment, more learning, more joy, more challenges, and more grace for the journey. But that means this moment has to turn into a memory. A piece of our history. I know full well that means I have to let go...time moves on. You might not know it from the looks of it on this blog, but I am a bit "old-fashioned" and I LOVE my kids and the messes they make and the songs we sing and I enjoy washing their clothes and helping them get breakfast and lunch and dinner, and going on vacation, sitting with my husband watching them laugh, run, swim, play! Sometimes I feel I should be in a rocking chair just watching so I don't miss a moment. I feel old, I look old, and yet I want to stay young to continue these moments for years to come!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader