Friday, August 24, 2007
Vacation...:(

We were supposed to start our vacation today, I planned on driving the kids down to the house, doing all the shopping for a house full of people and TONS of food, and then sitting on the back dock watching the boats go by and waiting for my husband to join us! BUT....the phone call!
Now, before I explain the phone call let me explain that I learned a lesson about how to handle my phone call before it even came through. See a friend of mine came by work today, things weren't set up the way it was supposed to be so miscommunication left frustration with this person. I try hard to listen but somehow I missed a step or two, it caused short comments and confusion.
Now, this upset me BUT then the phone call! Again, miscommunication left me frustrated with my phone call, BUT I decided to use kind patience, even in my disappointment. I wanted when the same that left me lost in confusion only a few minutes prior.
So, here is the just of what when on...we can use the family home on the water almost any time we want. The rules are put your name on the calendar and it's first come, first serve. We always block this time of the year on the calendar because it's my kids favorite time of year, right before school starts. It turns out that we are in competition for this time of the year now and there is a catholic retreat going on at the home and they need 2 extra days. I am told that my husband was told this might be a possibility when he put the dates on the calendar BUT didn't hear that part. I wanted to get upset and say "how could you NOT hear that?" But that was how I was talked to today and it frustrated me, so how could I do that to him, the one who spends so much time and money to make this next 10 days wonderful for us and everyone who passes our doorway? I couldn't and wouldn't.
We can wait the extra day and a half to start our vacation, it makes me sad but it also gives me time to get things in order here, do some school shopping for the kids, and just be ready to go in a less stressful way. The nice thing is we can all go together and don't have to wait for David to join us!
I love lessons and I love seeing why things happen in God's plan and timing! I won't say I am not disappointed but I can wait! Good things and Good TIMES are a comin'!
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






1 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

You are a good woman. Great lesson learned. A Catholic Retreat going on? I am SO going to resist commenting on THAT (12 years of Catholic School talking!)
Can't wait to sit and enjoy that view with you...and talk and laugh--in person--
You are amazing!

August 24, 2007 at 10:14 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader