Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Field Trip...hosted by Brian!


Two weeks ago my son and our friend Gustavo headed out to "catch a few waves" in Newport Beach. Sitting on the sand visiting with a friend I see the lifeguard head out to "save" a swimmer. Little did I realize that the lifeguard was headed out to save Matt and Gustavo. Brian laughing hysterically at this event has not let them live it down!

Today Brian decides to take my little Kelly out to sea to "play in the waves" and I see the lifeguard running down the beach, out to the water, lifeguard truck pulling up and the lifeguard boat heading out. I say to my friend "he couldn't be out there to get them!" I know Brian would NEVER do or put Kelly in harms way so I am really not worried, I would never be worried. Then I see it, lifeguard approaching Kelly and Brian, pulling Kelly towards safety. Now, again I am not worried, there is no way that Brian would allow anything to happen to Kelly no matter what the circumstances are but wondering "how could this happen again?"
In Brian's defense he tried to wave them off and tell them he was fine, also they "rescued" probably a total of 24 people today while we were there and the waves were huge and out of control.
Brian's excuse for getting rescued..."It was a field trip for Kelly!"

Laughing and still grateful that nothing happened to either one of them!






2 Comments:
Blogger Insured Asset Solutions had this to say:

A. I was fine, B. The waves in that top photo were not that big, and C. I was teaching Kelly about swimming in rip currents and how fast they can take someone out to sea.

August 11, 2007 at 12:25 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

NOT ONLY were they big, they were one after another and crashing hard! Teaching her...did she get anything out of the lesson Mr. Forsberg? I think she got a tow in by the over eager lifeguard but she also knew you wouldn't let anything happen to her...would you sand thrower!

August 11, 2007 at 12:49 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader