Friday, August 10, 2007
They need to come home...


My friend Darren came to see me at work today to tell me that my kids said "hi" and that they are having a great time (he got to visit with them for the last 3 days at camp). I was thrilled to hear that they took the time to tell Darren to tell me they missed us. It made my heart skip a beat. OK, laugh, joke and tell me that they have only been gone a week but it's quiet, and we are missing them!
I had to go see a friend today, I felt like we weren't all there, we were missing a part of what this family is. Her kids wanted to know where my kids were, they weren't all together, even her house seemed quiet without my kids there.
I realize they are growing up and we are not going to have all the time together we have had in the past, Kelly is going to have to get used to being an only child more than part of the group. She misses them so much, she is counting down the days, she wants more companionship than us, we have outgrown our welcome in her world, we have played games, gone to movies, dinners, lunches, shopping, and she wants to be part of the group again. Tonight she asked if she could call one of our friends for a "date night!" She needs her siblings!
OK, trust me I am so glad that my kids can go to camp, I love that they are having a great time, I can't wait to hear the stories, hear where God touched them, friendships that were made (don't know if I am ready for the "camp love stories"), food they ate or didn't eat, jokes played on each other, all the camp memories!
I love that we are so lucky to be a family that does miss each other, but it's time, time for them to come home! Tomorrow is the big day!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader