Sunday, September 16, 2007
WE ARE HERE! THIS IS THE LIFE!


Lisa and I hit the road at 10:30am. NOW, back up....I hadn't had much sleep last night because of too much stuff to take care of. So, when the first alarm rang at 5:40am (yes, you read that right and it's SUNDAY morning) I wanted to die right then and there!
Keeping in mind that I have the GREATEST husband in the ENTIRE world, I was able to push the snooze and keep sleeping...yes, he went to work for me! YES FOR ME! So getting the grumpy teen out of bed and getting ready for MY JOB, he leaves for work! THEN to my utter dismay and pure exhaustion...my 7 year old is up and at-ummmm because she is heading to the San Diego Zoo today and pure excitement has taken over! I on the other hand am ready to have a long cry because of pure exhaustion and frustration at the nights events and the day of being exhausted ahead! I get her ready for her pick up at 8am and head off to bed for a quick nap and re-coup for the day!
At 8:40am I hear a HUGE explosion and the power shuts off! Sirens go off and I am thinking that we are under attack!
Matt jumps on his skateboard and off he goes to figure out what happened! Transformers have blown up, not just loss of power but blown up! Fire department, no one can get off the hill and power is out for an undetermined amount of time! Fire is shooting up and it doesn't look good!
I call David to come home and he does. HE IS GREAT!
He tells me to pack and continue my plans with Lisa...after much persuasion I decide that I can because really there is nothing I can do to fix this and that frustrates me!
Lisa comes at 10:40am and we are off! We stop to buy snacks, go to the bank, have lunch at Jalepeno's...YUMMY!
We check into our hotel at 12:00pm, that's when the laughs start! Our first room was beautiful, BUT it had 1 bed and we asked for 2. We call down to the front desk and get moved to a new room! GREAT, we are ready to set up our computers, eat some snacks, laugh our heads off and guess what we hear.....
NOT 1 BUT 2 babies crying in the room next to us...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
We call down to the front desk AGAIN...NO really we aren't high maintenance but we are on a MOM BREAK and the last thing 2 moms with 7 kids between them need to hear is babies crying!
SO...you guessed it, we are moved again! The Head of Housekeeping comes to get us and we are off to a new room...this one is PERFECT! Except that the HOH says "you should be safe down here!" WHAT...we are at a nice hotel, not a dump! Should we be worried?!!?
It's quiet, we did a little shopping (we bought lap desks for our laptops...ha ha, matching ones) we just ordered room service (great italian and garlic breath), we have laughed our heads off, talked about great and wonderful things, and we are ready for dessert and blogging! THIS IS THE LIFE!
BTW...STILL NO ELECTRICITY back at the homestead and I am worried about how David will handle tonight and tomorrow morning when the kids head off to school! He keeps telling me not to but for those of you who know me, it will be another sleepless night as I keep checking in with the family! It's looking like tomorrow or the next day before they get it turned back on! Anyone want some great food out of our freezer!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader