Saturday, September 8, 2007
If he leads you to it....

I remember a saying that Rick Warren says frequently today...

"If he leads you to it, he will walk you through it."

So, here's the deal...I was thinking on the way home from work tonight how stressful it seemed to get for a couple hours. I was mad, upset and frustrated at some of the occurances that happened and thought to myself "why am I here if I am this frustrated?" Then I thought back to someone who came into the kitchen and I asked a question about where they are in their life and why they are where they are? The answer I got back engulfed my heart in such a way that I knew God was talking through this person directly to me! I think I felt a real tear on my cheek...SHHH...don't tell!

I heard this person say "it was the encouragement!" When I asked the question I asked if they were in that place because of the encouragement my husband and I have given. They answered "I think so."

Sometimes friendship, relationships, co-workers, family and people are difficult. Somedays it seems harder to love or care about someone because you just aren't feeling the same about each other BUT...like Rick said..."if he leads you to it, he will walk you through it." God brings people into our lives for a reason, some just cross our path, some stop us on our path and some become a part of our everyday lives, again stressing that we don't know why God brings them into our lives. I have found by letting people stop on our path that I am hoping it will be easy to love on them...BUT somedays that is not always the case, unfortuately! I always want to trust God that he knows who is going to stop on our path and walk us through loving on them or encouraging them because we may be the only ones doing that somedays! I love that it opens up a world to our kids that is real, people are real and people are different.

So, back to my drive home...God lead us to some great people, some not so great, some fun, some not so fun, and the list goes on. BUT..he walked us through loving on them, encouraging them and now there are "thems" out there that can walk a little taller and step out a little farther because we did the right thing!

It's great to know that we are encouraging God's people so they can learn from our example and love on others the same! MY GOD will walk you through the people he leads you to!






4 Comments:
Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

You inspire me.
I still have no idea where I am going in life either! It's just a very strange "season" of life I am in right now.
But you make me happy and your kindness is enviable.
Keep it up girl!!
:)

September 9, 2007 at 7:21 AM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Julie, you are SUPER WOMAN! You have come through some dark deep tunnels to find friends and love on the other side! The seasons can be odd, off and difficult but you walk tall with that amazing smile and spirit that makes others go on! Thanks for your comment but just know that YOU TOO inspire me!
Love you girl!

September 9, 2007 at 1:55 PM 

Blogger Insured Asset Solutions had this to say:

Difficult, what's that?

September 9, 2007 at 11:21 PM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

hmmm...do you want a written answer or the verbal? Either way...it doesn't just apply to YOU! Remember the first line "it's not about you?"

Still your one of my favorite PITA's, even I hate to admit that!

September 10, 2007 at 12:08 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader