Tuesday, July 24, 2007
"What are you doing today????"


Did my husband seriously ask me that? Ok, here's the story...all my kids are at Summer Spectacular at church this week. The 2 oldest volunteering and Kelly attending. Now, Monday's are set aside for a few chores, picking up kids, and going to the Beach in the afternoon and evening...every Monday! So, here today is Tuesday. Usually I work, but today I have a day off! So, I am home ALONE! My husband kisses me good-bye, and on his way DOWN the stairs says "what are you going to do today since the kids won't be home?" NOW, keep in mind that Summer Spectacular is ONLY 3 hours and then they have to be picked up! So, in my haste I wanted to say back "what am I doing today???" but I held my tongue...let's see..

Last nights Beach towels and clothes sit outside the laundry room waiting to be washed keeping in mind that they are FULL of sand that has made it's way to my wood floors and tile! GUESS WHO IS CLEANING THAT UP!

The cooler still needs to be unloaded (the sodas and water aren't going to walk themselves to the garage refrigerator)

AND LAY IN BED, EAT BON BON'S AND WATCH SHOWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE!

Ok, not the last one but that is the one I wanted to say...I didn't! I love my husband dearly, he has the BIGGEST servants heart out of ANYONE I have EVER met in my life, he loves me deeply (ask A-LO...ha ha)! I know he wasn't questioning what I am going to do today but out of my haste and frustration for wanting some ALONE time to do laundry, sweep, and take a shower, I just smiled and said..."anything you need me to do, honey?"

Hold on, I dropped a bon bon on the couch, where is the remote...let me find it!






4 Comments:
Blogger SANNIE had this to say:

Hey! I would have eaten Bon Bons with you today! Where was my invite!? ;)

July 24, 2007 at 3:38 PM 

Blogger PETE Di LALLO had this to say:

You're 'fantastically' funny Heather...
My wife and I talk on the phone at least twice a day and sometimes more often...we have for years...
most of the time she asks "what are you doing?" and I'm tempted to say "what the heck do you think I'm doing!" but I never have...

July 25, 2007 at 9:07 AM 

Blogger E.Money had this to say:

your blog is ADORABLE!!! :)

July 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

I remember those days!! One time, my husband was showing our home to a friend and as the friend looked at the Italian marble in the bathroom, he said, "What do you clean it with?"
My husband (now EX mind you) said, "We've never cleaned it."
What??? I laughed and almost fell to the ground! What? We've never cleaned the bathroom floor??
Yep. That's a classic that ALL my friends know about.
You are great my friend. Just GREAT!

July 27, 2007 at 9:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader