Saturday, April 21, 2007
Stupid Bake Parkway, stupid bridge!


Those who know me, know how afraid of heights and roller coaster rides I am! I have avoided the stupid Bake Parkway bridge going south on the 5 freeway because it is just TOO high! Call me nuts, but when I cross this bridge my stomach drops and I feel like I can't get over it fast enough!
Tonight my daughter needed to be picked up in Irvine at 10pm from a party. Yes, being the good mom, I went out and got her. She talked non-stop about this amazing party and BOYS...of course. I being the good mom and listening intently didn't pay attention when I exited the freeway at Bake Parkway, in the dark! I started on the bridge and wished with all my might that I would have stayed on the freeway and exited at Lake Forest! The bridge ride seemed long even though it was about a 1 minute drive!
I know...call me crazy but don't ask me to climb even a 3 step ladder! I hate heights....period!






3 Comments:
Blogger Insured Asset Solutions had this to say:

Uh, for one...the picture you have posted is on the northbound side of the I-5 Freeway. If you are trying to describe the height of the bridge, then use a picture of the southbound side of the I-5 freeway that actually showes the height of the bridge. Basically, it just makes you look like a wuss because there is no bridge behind the sign. There's been two cases of attemtpted suicide from jumping off that very bridge that I know of.

And second, you're a sissy for not liking heights or roller coasters. By the way, I'm taking Kelly on California Screamin (the one that goes upside down and has two weightless drops)!

April 22, 2007 at 11:22 PM 

Blogger Heather McTaggart had this to say:

Ok, so there was NO pic for the Southbound side, but you got the idea...
Sissy, Wuss...I proudly wear those titles when it comes to heights and guns!
Kelly will do anything you tell her to...that SCARES ME!

April 22, 2007 at 11:48 PM 

Blogger Julie Hibbard had this to say:

I was the same as you for YEARS. Then I just realized I had to stop being afraid. I started slow (moving from the step ladder to the 6ft ladder) and soon I was hanging Christmas lights on our 2story house! (Someone had to do it.)
I went to the top of the World Trade Center, but did not go to the roof. I looked down, but not too close.
Then, I went on a zip line at a college camp. I had to JUMP off of a bridge that was about 100 feet up (maybe more). I just did it. It was fun and I loved it.
Last year, I went in a helicopter over the Swiss alps and was about 10 feet from the top of the Matterhorn. I was still a bit nervous but was not going to let that pass me by.
You never know when a tree might fall on your car and you'll be sorry you missed out on the Swiss view.
Or Bake parkway.

April 23, 2007 at 8:12 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Heather McTaggart
The wife of an amazing, funny, incredible man! The mother of 3 God loving amazing young persons!

- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader




Shopping

Movies



Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
- - Heather subscriptions in Google Reader